Six Points of Light
Race: Elf, Drow
Level 3, 1285/2700
HP: 8+6(2) = 9/20
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Arcana, History, Investigation, Insight, Perception
Speed: 30 feet
Languages: Common, Elvish, Undercommon, Deep Speech
- Strength 8 (-1)
- Dexterity 14 (2)
- Constitution 14 (+2)
- Intelligence 15 (+2)
- Wisdom 12 (+1)
- Charisma 12 (+1 drow)
Spellcasting – 4 cantrips known. Prepares Intelligence Modifier+wizard level spells.
Ritual Casting – You can cast a wizard spell as a ritual if that spell has the ritual tag and you have the spell in your spellbook. You do not need to have the spell prepared.
Arcane Recovery – Once per day when you finish a short rest, you can choose expended spell slots to recover. The spell slots can have a combined level that is equal to or less than half your wizard level (rounded up), and none of the slots can be 6th level or higher.
Spell Slots per spell level: 4/2
Arcane Tradition – Abjuration
Abjuration Savant – the gold and time you must spend to copy an abjuration spell into your spellbook is halved.
Arcane Ward – When you cast an abjuration spell of 1st level or higher, you can simultaneously use a strand of the spell’s magic to create a magical ward on yourself that lasts until you finish a long rest. The ward has hit points equal to twice your wizard level + your Intelligence modifier. Whenever you take damage, the ward takes the damage instead. If this damage reduces the ward to 0 hit points, you take any remaining damage. While the ward has 0 hit points, it can’t absorb damage, but its magic remains. Whenever you cast an
abjuration spell o f 1st level or higher, the ward regains a number o f hit points equal to twice the level o f the spell. Once you create the ward, you can’t create it again until you finish a long rest.
Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Trance. Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is “trance.”) While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years o f practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours o f sleep.
Superior Darkvision. Your darkvision has a radius of 120 feet.
Sunlight Sensitivity. You have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.
Drow Magic. You know the dancing lights cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the faerie fire spell once per day. When you reach 5th level, you can also cast the darkness spell once per day. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
Drow Weapon Training. You have proficiency with rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows.
Spells Known [Spell-like abilities]
Cantrips – Mage hand, ray of frost, minor illusion, message [dancing lights]
1 – detect magic, charm person, feather fall, mage armor, magic missile, sleep, disguise self, shield [faerie fire]
2 – Web, hold person, scorching ray, invisibility
A component pouch or arcane focus
An explorer’s pack. Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
A bottle of black ink, a quill, a small knife, a letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been able to answer, a set of common clothes, 10 sheets of parchment, and a belt pouch containing 9 gp
Specialty – Researcher of the forbidden
Personality Trait – There’s nothing I like more than a good mystery
Ideal – No Limits. Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all
Bond – I’ve been searching my whole life to find the cause of the Disjunction and the source of the Hexagarchy’s dominance.
Flaw – Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.
- I haven’t chosen my adult name yet. Yes, I AM adventuring by myself. Things are different in the Underdark, okay? (spoiler: no they aren’t)
- I’ve been reading stories of the past before I could even talk properly. I love books! But I’m not so good with people, ESPECIALLY other elves. They kinda make me uncomfortable…
- I’m new to the surface world. Go easy on me, ok?
- I love to wear colorful silk outfits that are cut practically, and wear my hair short. Ppl tell me that that’s a guy thing. Except that one place when it was a girl thing. Okay???
- Truthfully…. I left partially because I felt like I didn’t fit in. My mother wanted me to become a priestess like she was. But that’s not really for me…
- I came to the surface with a dwarf named Artin Fireforge. She was kind of grumpy, but not so bad in the end, letting someone like me tag along. I made myself as useful as I could! She told me she didn’t want to be babysitting me forever though, so we’ll probably part ways in Svernik. I better find someone else to hang out with… maybe I can make friends at the library?